Sunday, November 01, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Then, Ian shouted, "Hey mom! Watch how high I can kick!"
With that, he did a tremendous kick and fell right on his side! He hit his ribs and hip super hard and knocked the wind clean out of him. I kept on dancing!!!!
Just kidding. I helped him and I gave him some medicine for the pain, oh....and I paid for the doughnuts. He probably would have won anyway.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I said, "Wouldn't you just rather have a wheelchair?"
He said, "Sure. First I'll have the unicycle and then I'll need the wheelchair."
What a guy. Ready for everything.
- I made hot fudge for the R.S. service auction. The sad part was that I also drank the left over hot fudge straight from the pan. I'd do it again too. It was delicious!
- My kids in Sunday school asked me today if I was getting them a present for Christmas (all 16 of them). I asked them if they thought I looked like Santa Clause. There was no real answer. Maybe I do look like Santa Clause.
- I keep hacking at my own bangs. Sometimes with actual scissors, sometimes with fingernail clippers. I keep thinking I need a hair cut, but if I cut my hair, then I'll have to dye it....and that takes so long. Plus, if I get rid of my bangs my wrinkles will show.
- I still have piles of clean and dirty laundry stacked in laundry baskets. (Separate baskets...but still...both stacked. Remember that old post? I should post it again since it is funny and sadly...still appropriate.)
- I managed to clean out part of my flower garden in preparation for winter. I didn't ever even get into the backyard for the spring prep....so I guess I don't have to bother with the fall clean up either.
- Junior high kids are sort of dorky. Every day this girl came in complaining that my room smelled and asking why. Finally I said, "200 Jr. high kids keep coming in here every day. How do you expect it to smell?" She glared at me. I continued, "If you think I'm smelling up this room you are mistaken. It wouldn't smell like this at all if you and all your classmates would stop coming in here." Was that rude?
- I hate baseball. It is ruining my October by pushing my one and only show off the air.
- I have a crush on Glenn Beck. I don't care how fat he gets....I still think he's cute, but better than that he's funny....and who wants a dull man around?
- I think that Ian can talk more than me. I know it sounds impossible, but it seems strangely true. That kid never stops talking. Ever.
- I'm a little behind on my journal writing. I don't think I've written since last November...maybe October. Maybe I should worry a little more about that and less about this blog?
- The car is running and the fridge is clean. Those are two good things to report.
Okay. So that's it. See. I knew there was nothing to blog about. I'll try again in a month, or maybe after Christmas. :)
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Of course, being back in regular life means returning to school as well. Here is Ian on the first day of school. If you think the picture looks like it was taken in the middle of the night, well....you are almost right. It was 6:30 in the morning. That is what time we have to leave for school. Major bummer.
But, Ian is in 2nd grade this year and so far is doing great! He was worried about his teacher until he found out she gives out "money" for good behavior and then they can actually "buy" stuff. If you know Ian you know he is all about that, so he decided he quite liked his teacher.
And, finally....soccer again. Ian is looking dashing in his new soccer duds. The team is yet nameless....baby blue isn't inspiring I guess. The first game was Saturday and Ian scored 4 goals. One of my sisters said, "Great! His team scored 4!" But that was just Ian. He is quite a player.
You may have noticed that all of these photos are taken in the same general area. That is because it is the only place in my entire yard that looks nice. I hate yard work. But, that is an unfortunate part of regular life too. Boo. Hiss. At least Ian is now mowing the lawn. That is reason to cheer!
Sunday, July 05, 2009
This was our first family trip to Chile when Ian was 4 years old. It was his first day ever at a beach! I smile every time I see this video because he just seems so happy. I love Chile. It is always going to be a part of our family and I am glad! We are excited to go again tomorrow and we just might do this same old happy dance when we arrive. Si vas para Chile.
After the parade we went swimming at Uncle Dave's pool.
Waiting patiently, sort of, for the fireworks.
And of course, my favorite moment of the night. This is the way Blake enjoyed the fireworks....hiding behind Aunt Kaila! He he.