Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Great Doughnut Dance-off

On Monday night, as F.H.E. was coming to an end, Ian and I decided to have a dance-off. We turned up the music and started to dance. The one who quit dancing first had to buy the doughnuts. (The doughnuts are 1/2 price after 7:00 and we thought it would make a tasty family home evening treat.) We danced, and danced and danced. Ian was getting sweaty and my side hurt a little, but we were still dancing.
Then, Ian shouted, "Hey mom! Watch how high I can kick!"
With that, he did a tremendous kick and fell right on his side! He hit his ribs and hip super hard and knocked the wind clean out of him. I kept on dancing!!!!
Just kidding. I helped him and I gave him some medicine for the pain, oh....and I paid for the doughnuts. He probably would have won anyway.

4 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Sorry you got hurt Ian, but I laughted so hard as I read this I could just see it all.. Yum donuts sound so good... MIMI

The Fife's said...

sounds like a fun FHE activity, we will have to try that one, we love to dance at our house!

Brooke said...

Oh my I am laughing so hard! You really crack me up--the both of you :)

Paige said...

Wish we were there!