Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Christmas List

I asked Ian to prepare a Christmas list. Ha. You should have seen it. I couldn't afford to buy one single thing on the list. He told me Santa could take care of the big things. Unfortunately, they were all big things. I gave him a Grandpa Fowler type lecture on fiscal responsibility, greed, and the sorrow of poverty. Then I told him to start his list again with that in mind. The second version was much better. At least I saw a few things I could afford and deemed appropriate. One of the things on his list was a unicycle. He's talked about one for years. Now seems about the right time. While were looking through a "wish" magazine, I saw a wheelchair.
I said, "Wouldn't you just rather have a wheelchair?"
He said, "Sure. First I'll have the unicycle and then I'll need the wheelchair."
What a guy. Ready for everything.

not true
by ian.

Very true.
By me.

3 comments:

mama bird said...

Ha Ha. I saw a big wheelchair at our Goodwill for $10. Maybe you could afford that?

Paige said...

Pretty funny!!

Brooke said...

ok that is too funny! I love his logic--I hope it is not true though:)